Step 1: Download template, complete and save
Step 2: Once completed, submit your abstract online
Abstract submissions close Monday 30 September 2019. There will be NO EXTENSIONS.
The theme for the conference is ‘Creating the Future: Trust. Diversity. Imagination’. Canberra 2020 will invite new perspectives on the museum and gallery sector’s role in creating the future. We are looking forward to an ambitious, imaginative and outward-looking program that questions assumptions. This is your chance to share your ideas about addressing our sector’s impact on communities, ecologies and economies and building trust and empathy in the context of global challenges. We are particularly looking for papers that bring intergenerational, cross-platform, cross-cultural and intersectional perspectives to the conference. We are also looking for new perspectives on the work of the sector and its role in shaping our future communities, society and world.
- Diversity: Inclusion, wellbeing, identity
- Future: Confidence, sustainability, reconciliation
- Imagination: Creating, challenging, learning
- Trust: Truth-telling, leadership, collaboration
- Demonstration / Pitch (4 mins)
- Lightning talk (8 mins + 2 mins Q&A)
- Presentation / Paper (20 mins + 10 mins Q&A)
- Panel / Debate (45 mins including Q&A)
- Curated session (90 mins including Q&A)
- Performance (5-20 mins)
- Workshop (45 mins including Q&A)
- Video / Film (5-20 mins)
- Other (provide further details)
Please note all submission may be considered for both the Regional, Remote and Community Day (RR&C Day) program AND the main conference program.